One way we’re acting is through community-based Trees for Kaimukī project in cooperation with EnVision Kaimukī, SmartTrees Pacific, and the National Park Service’s Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance Program. Milestones to date:
- Assisted Better Block Hawaii by placing trees in planters that double as tables. A perfect place for outdoor dining; includes tree tags that educate/engage.
- Mapped 1,446 trees — 99% complete; thus far identifying over 130 potential planting locations
- Stepped in to help save drought-stressed trees along Ft. Ruger Pathway at Diamond Head State Monument
- Produced “Secrets of Kaimukī Parks” virtual program
- Collaborated with City to improve 18 tree wells in central Kaimukī business district along Waialae Avenue
Website traffic up year over year, reaching thousands of unique visitors.
Started a new Twitter account and YouTube channel, reaching thousands more through Facebook and Instagram.
Made trees and the many benefits they provide a part of the community discussion through candidate surveys, opinion pieces, and Made trees and the many benefits they provide a part of the community discussion through candidate surveys, opinion pieces, and articles.